Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a Week!

It's been kind of a whirlwind week. Last Thursday, my husband and I went to see Casting Crowns in concert. We didn't get there as early as we would have liked, but we still managed to get pretty good seats. Although the concert started out kind of slow, it ended up being wonderful. I am glad that I had been learning all of the words to the new album. I sang along so loud that my voice was scratchy the next day. It's been quite a while since I have attended any concert that loud. But, it was amazing to worship God with so many people from different faiths, ages, walks of life, and different hometowns. I'm not sure that the concert was in the best possible venue, but we still had a good time.

On Saturday, my mother, sister, sister's fiance, and my husband and I all traveled to the Houston area to visit with family and friends for a bridal shower. I was so thankful for the good time we had. My aunts and cousins threw a great party. It was nice to see that they still love us and care for us even though circumstances have kept us apart for a long time. Sunday, we drove home listening to a very exciting Houston Texans game on the radio! That game was a heart-breaker!

I woke up before the sun on Monday and headed to my all-too-often trip to my doctor in Dallas. Unfortunately, I failed to pay attention to any weather forecasts and got caught in the very cold and wet weather in short sleeves and no jacket. BURRRR!!!! The appointment did not go that well, but I was so happy the weather was finally becoming fall-like. Thanks to my loving husband, when I returned to work, I was able change into more appropriate clothing and my jacket. The weather since then has been beautiful, but it makes me want to be anywhere but work.

This week has also been a trial because of issues with the house we live in. It seems like every time we have everything working, something else falls apart. Even though the homeowner has repaired the leaky faucet, we are still dealing with a garage door opener that does not work. It's the 21st century...I shouldn't have to get out of my car to open and close the garage door under my own power. There's a reason openers were invented.

There is a bright spot in the week...Friday, our football game is in the town where our good friends Julie and Darin live. We will get to see them and I'm looking forward to that. Julie's birthday is Saturday so I will get to wish her a Happy B-day in person!

I know that this post has been a bit more "journal-like" than most of my blogs, but I just wanted to write it all down! Thanks for listening. Hope you aren't too bored.

God, I thank you for being present in my life during the good times and the bad. Open my eyes to the work you are doing in me, even when I am not expecting it...especially when I'm not expecting it. Help me to worship you even when my garage door doesn't shut.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I know it doesn't help, but our garage door openers don't work, either. In Darin's truck, we have to bang it multiple times on the dash, roll the window down, stick out an arm, and hope for the best...maybe.