Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Water falls and ice cream cake!

God created many amazing things. This weekend, I experienced two such creations in the same day, water falls and ice cream cake. Okay, the latter is definitely a human creation, but God created the ingredients. My mom, my sister, and I got to go to a park where there was an awesome water fall. I love the outdoors and especially water in the outdoors. I totally understand why there are so many references to water and bodies of water, streams, etc. in the Bible. There is such great imagery that can be found in water. When we finally made it home for the evening, Melody shared her birthday cake which happened to be cookies-and-cream ice cream cake. Now that was a treat.

The next day, we all worked in the pouring rain to help Melody move into her new apartment. It rained pretty much the entire time. Despite the weather, we were able to get most of her stuff moved. I had a great time with Melody and my mom, as well as Melody's fiance, Danny.

This is going to be a great week. My husband and I will be going to see Casting Crowns in concert this Thursday. Then, on Friday, Mom, Melody, and Danny are coming to town to see our football game. I couldn't care less about the game itself, just the fact that they'll be there. Saturday morning we will all travel to Baytown for a bridal shower and family gathering! I'm sure it will be an interesting weekend.

I am so thankful that God gave me a family that loves each other! There is nothing more fun than getting to spend time with the ones I love! Don't get me wrong...there can be drama but I can't imagine experiencing life without them.

No comments: