Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Bubbling, It's Bubbling...

It's bubbling in my soul. Since Jesus was laughing, since Jesus made me whole!

Okay, I don't think those are the real words, but that's the way my mom told me that I used to sing it. And, you know what? It's just fun to sing it that way.

I'm bubbly right now because I've had a great day. Despite a late start, you know, those mornings when saying hello to the world is the last thing you want to do, I got up and faced the world (or at least the people at the local YMCA). For the second day in a row, I found the secret to using one of those elliptical machines. It has been something I've wanted to do for a long time. But, every time I've tried, I have admitted defeat. I'm just not that coordinated. Until now. I finally figured it out, and it is a major work out. I was excited to burn the same number of calories in less time than using the treadmill. Don't get me wrong, I am no where near where I need to be, but at least, I'm on my way.

Although I got to work a bit late, my day continued to be good. I got to work with some students today in a smaller group, and I remembered that I do enjoy teaching others how to read music. It's a passion that sometimes gets buried by students' disrespect, laziness, and overall poor attitudes.

My husband and I actually left school at a decent time and decided to go see a movie. We saw the new one about the football player who is suddenly thrown into being a father. It was great. I laughed, I cried, I laughed, I cried... We both really liked the flick. I'll have to buy it when it comes out. Definitely my kind of movie.

Some other news... I started singing in the local Chorale yesterday. It is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but previous jobs did not allow that to work. I love to sing (although my skills are debatable). We are preparing for a concert of sacred hymns. It's going to be good.

I have a very early day tomorrow, so I should close it up for now.

Until next time...

No comments: