Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Moment of True Worship

Last night, what started out to be a normal choir and orchestra rehearsal turned into one of the most wonderful times of worship I've ever experienced. The church I currently attend just hired a new Minister of Music. Last night, the pastor introduced him to the members of the choir and orchestra. The new minister shared with us his heart for God's people and the vision he has for the ministry he is now leading. He was so genuine and passionate about what he feels God desires for the music and worship ministry to be about. Then, it happened. He introduced all of us, choir and orchestra, to an older song that will become an integral part of what we do. He reminded us all that we each have something or someone seated on the throne of our lives. Whatever it is, it should be replaced with our amazing Father, God. So we sang these words with just a piano accompanying us.

"I See The Lord" by Nancy Honeytree

I see the Lord
High and lifted up
Seated on the throne
Of my life.

I see the Lord
High and lifted up
Seated on the throne
Of my life.

And He is Holy
He is Holy
He is Holy
Seated on the throne
Of my life.


The sound of all of those voices praising God was definitely a powerful one.

I know in my life I've placed other people and things on my throne. I've even sat on it myself for long periods of time. I need to give God the place He is due every day, in every way, in every possible aspect of my life.

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: 'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.'" Isaiah 6:1-3

No comments: