Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Apology

Yes, the time on this post is accurate. I woke up about an hour ago after a very vivid nightmare. Fully awake, I could not fall back to sleep. I've been thinking about something someone said about my blog. So, I have to do this.

Last week, I changed the "About Me" section on my blog to state that "I am currently a stay-at-home bum. Call me pathetic, really."

I didn't even think about the fact that many of my own readers might be offended. Please know that I in no way meant to insult or offend those of you who are choosing to be Chief Domestic Officers/Operators. I admire stay-at-home moms. You work your butts off and are constantly negotiating the tough waters of being a parent. Two of my own sisters are the hardest working stay-at-home moms I've ever met. When I have kids, I hope to do the same.

Please understand, that in my current unemployed state, I truly feel like a bum. Unlike actual mothers, I am lazy and have no motivation to do anything. I guess I could get a job if I wanted one, but so far, there's no desire. This was all I meant by the new material in that section. It has since been changed. Please know my heart on this matter. I truly did not mean to insult anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew exactly what you meant. You have been a bum :) But you have also needed the rest and time. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the change, but even if I had...I would not have been offended by it. You need a break. Plus, honestly, in my opinion, I think it's BEST not to have a job right now. Yes, in some ways it does make the time go by faster...BUT having a job also ties you up and limits your freedom. Freedom from being able to just take off to go see Patrick for graduation, but even more so when he goes to Music School. When Chris left Key West, I didn't see him for 3 months (I stayed to finish school & then moved to Oklahoma). I intentionally did not get a job for my first 4 months while in Oklahoma (yes, I was a "stay at home bum" too), one reason was 2 months of that I was studying for my Nursing boards...but the MAIN reason, was so I could take off on a whim to fly out to visit Chris in VA & MD, before I was "HELD DOWN" in a job, without the flexibility of being able to do so. Sooooo....don't feel guilty that you aren't working or let what others think or say about you not working bother you. THEY are NOT in your shoes, because BELIEVE ME, IF they were...they would choose to do the same exact thing.
Sooo...take as much time as you need, to just take in this "new life" that God has planned for you guys. Even if it is for the entire time Patrick is in Boot Camp & Music School. Work will ALWAYS be there later. :)
Love You,
~Valerie