Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 More Weeks!!!

Patrick called today. Wow! Again, God knew what I needed! His platoon didn't get to call on Sunday, so I was moping around all week. Hadn't even gotten a letter. Then, while I was taking a small nap, my phone rang. It was Patrick. He sounded great. He passed his final PT test on Tuesday. YIPPEE!!! It's downhill from here. We'll arrive at Fort Jackson exactly two weeks from tonight.

He's got a big "ruck" march tomorrow. Don't know exactly what that means. Then, next week he's got to go on a big trip "in the field." It's called Victory Forge. He'll be away from civilization for several days doing soldier stuff.

Because he passed his last test, he'll be rewarded with a three hour on-post pass tomorrow. Maybe he'll get to call me again for longer than ten minutes. I could not be more proud of Patrick. Forgive the major sappiness, but he's totally my hero!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

misty
that is such wonderful news!!!! i know patrick is glad that is all behind him now. it is truly amazing how God continues to watch over us. He always knows just exactly what we need. I know you are counting the days until you get to see patrick. be sure to tell him, larkin and i said hello.

Love you
Kim

Anonymous said...

Misty,

Mason and I are so proud of both of you! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks and to see Patrick as well.

Love you,
Mason and Sarah

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! That's wonderful news. I'm so proud of Patrick...he's doing an amazing job keeping up with all the "teenage boys" just out of High School. And who says your
30's is too old to do hard core stuff?? Ummm...yeah, I think Patrick proved everyone wrong on that one. :) The Lord always comes through when we turn to Him through prayer. Thank you God for answering our prayers, and continually letting us know you are faithful. God is good.
Love You Misty...hang in there, you're almost there.
Love Ya'
~Valerie