Tuesday, September 25, 2007

God's plan is always better...

You know, in my life I have made a lot of plans and decisions. I'm a list maker and a plan thinker. When I rely on my own opinions, I usually make the wrong decision. God is a much better planner. Thankfully, He has the power to change my plans and decisions.

Recently, I made up my mind that I was not going to reach out to someone because that person never reached back. I had decided that I wouldn't be rude, but I would not make any effort either. I planned to let things go. God knew that I was about to make one of the worst decisions in my life. He began to speak to me about the people He loves that don't love Him in return. He reminded me that He doesn't stop loving me when I spend less time in conversation with Him.

Isn't that wonderful? How many times have I written somebody off because he or she didn't behave in the manner I hoped? God used his infinite wisdom to convince me to continue reaching out. I took the first steps, and the result was truly God-breathed. It is hard...and probably going to get much harder. But, I know that if I am following God's plans, I will be more content and others will be blessed. I pray that God will open my heart to the relationships He has planned for my good. Knowing what I should do, and actually doing it, are two totally separate things. Actions take a lot more commitment than writing a blog.

I pray for God's strength!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful that you have started to blog. It is the modern concept of a journal. I enjoyed reading your comments. You are a very special lady, and I love you!

Love,
Mom