Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bonfires, Ice Cream, and Calories

I never will understand where people find all of the junk you need to build an enormous bonfire. You know the kind - huge mountain of pallets, furniture, firewood, demolished buildings - all for the fun of a high school homecoming week? When lit, it ignites into a huge fire that you can see for miles. What exactly is the purpose of that? I guess someone decided that we needed a day, once a year, to clean up everyone's backyards. And somehow, this is a sign of school spirit? Help me please!!!!!

After watching the mountain of everyone's junk go up into flames, we decided that we needed to treat ourselves to an ice cream treat from one of our local fast food eateries. For some reason, it never turns out like you think it will. We went to the establishment that we were craving and sat at the drive-thru ordering thing for an eternity. They never asked us for our order, so in frustration, we sped off. I was so disappointed. I rarely am in the mood for ice cream, but I was this time. Fortunately, there was another establishment close by that seemed to appreciate our business! Needless to say, I ate my ice cream and was well pleased.

I just want to end with one final thing. If you know me (and I know most of my readers do), then you will be proud of me. I actually got up this morning with dear hubby and we went to exercise. I burned the same number of calories as my weight. Believe me, even though that's a high number, it probably didn't even begin to equal the calories of my ice cream from last night. That being said... I still enjoyed the ice cream...

No comments: