Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Amazing God, Amazing Day

Forgive me, this one's going to be long...

Okay, let me first admit something to my readers out there. I must confess that I did not make it to my third day of working out this morning. I know what you're thinking...Lazy!!! Well, actually, you'd be correct. Dear Hubby and I stayed up too late watching TV premiers and decided we'd sleep in. Of course, the fact that I had an early doctor's appointment helped persuade me to stay in bed for an extra hour and miss the workout. Fortunately for me, God loves me anyway. I will try harder to get up tomorrow!

Now, on to what I really wanted to say today! God is awesome. You know, every time I begin to get complacent or forget how truly miraculous God is, he does something to make me fall on my face to worship him (something I am learning more and more to do). Work has been so depressing for both of us this week. My husband and I are both passionate about what we do. Unfortunately, our students do not seem to show the same passion. It is hard to put your heart and soul into something and not get the results you desire. Not surprisingly, it has become much easier to leave school on time rather than spend extra hours there.

So where does the awesomeness of God come in?

It is amazing that even with the negative feelings we are both having about work, God allows us to experience wonderful joy in other aspects of our lives. For innumerable reasons, I am very excited about what God is doing. Despite the disappointment with the students' efforts, I love working with my husband and only working half of the day. I love that our evenings are no longer filled with telling each other about our day because we experienced it together. It is great to get to talk about other things. For the first time in our marriage, we are able to spend Friday nights together.

More awesome stuff: Because of my reduced work hours, I am able to see my doctor as often as I need to because of my current health issue. God is truly evident in the timing of what I'm experiencing right now. In fact, I had to go this morning to the doctor, and for the first time ever, I felt joy after leaving. Things could not have gone better. I was ecstatic. God is so wonderful. I have never left a doctor's office laughing and/or crying tears of joy until now.

The other wonderful part of this week has been the way God has been evident in my relationship with one of my dearest friends. God's timing is perfect and I am so thankful that he laid a burden on my heart for this person this week. He knew that she was having a hard time and he urged me to reach out to her. Because I followed His will, I was blessed by the wonderful joy of her friendship. We spoke on the phone and it felt like old times. I was refreshed by the conversation and excited about my friend's new found joys. Needless to say, it did my heart tons of good.

I told you it would be a long post. I just had so much to say!

No comments: