Monday, September 24, 2007

Even Through The Sweat . . .

My husband and I actually got up this morning at 5:30 am and managed to crawl out of bed to go the the gym and workout. Needless to say, I just really didn't want to go. After all, my work day doesn't begin until 11:30 and I definitely know how to sleep in. But, knowing that I've have gained way too much weight in the past few years, I fought the urge to stay home. So, I snapped to and went to walk on the treadmill.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Walking on the treadmill? There's know work in that... Well, let me tell you, when you are as out-of-shape as I am, anything more than sitting on the couch is a workout! So, I walked/jogged -mostly walked- for thirty minutes. And yes, I worked up a sweat. The funny thing is that I knew the whole time that God wanted me to take care of the body He gave me. I am just lazy and I've gotten good at making excuses. Hopefully this time, I'll keep it up. I cranked up "Mercy Me" on the MP3 player and got in the zone... I sang along (not out loud of course, there were others working out too!). Even though I felt tired from going, it struck me that I am so privileged to worship the God who created me even through the sweat! And what's more...He loves me even through my sweat, no matter my shape or size!

And I'll be totally honest... Instead of coming home and starting a day of productivity, I went back to bed for a while. More accurately, I fell asleep on the couch watching the morning news! How pathetic am I? Maybe I'll go to bed earlier tonight so that it's easier to get up tomorrow!

Hello, World! It's Monday!!!

No comments: