Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One Man's Leaves are Another Man's... LEAVES!

Ugh! Don't get me wrong, I like trees. In fact, I almost chose a career that was based on trees - forestry. I border on tree-hugger status.

However, it is the lovely little remnants of trees that have my focus today. It never seems to fail. I live in a house with no trees in the yard, yet I find myself having to rake mega bunches of leaves from other yards on my street. Not fair! I realize that when a leaf falls from a tree it can land wherever the wind takes it. I find no fault with the leaf itself. My problem is with the nearest neighbors who choose not to take care of their own leaves and instead put them off on me. You know, I think they actually use blowers to blow them out of their yard and onto mine. In fact, we had one rude passer-by that allowed some already bagged leaves to fall into our front yard. Of course, upon landing the bag busted and spewed its contents onto our lawn. Today, I raked up two huge bags of leaves and have another pile waiting to be bagged.

God made the trees and God made the leaves. I just wish that I didn't have to break my back raking them.

No comments: