Wednesday, February 6, 2008

*Where. Intheworld. is. LiptonOnionSoupMix?

And if you can answer that, you can probably tell me where to find pesto, black olives, white shoe peg corn, dry mustard, and a host of other ingredients that I've been buying over the past month. Let's just say that my grocery shopping is taking more time with each visit than it used to when the USUAL was all that was on my list.

It's not that I'm especially inept at shopping, it's just that some of these things haven't been located where my feeble mind assumes they should be. Like the onion soup mix... I went to Walmart twice in the same day (long story) and asked two workers, my friend Julie, and a total stranger where I might find onion soup mix. Each had a different answer, and I tried all of them, including my first instinct. However, it took a last resort of asking another Walmart employee, and together we found it above the Raman(?)noodles.

So, needless to say, my new cooking adventures have been just that. Some meals have been super, others have been duds. Here are a few of the ones we've liked: BBQ Chicken Dinner Packets, Pepper Steak over Rice (crock pot meal), Meatball subs, Chicken Pesto Mushroom Bake, Baked Greek Tilapia, Russian Chicken (crock pot meal), Pepperoni Loaf (YEA, BABY), Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta, and Corn & Sausage Chowder.

So far, only two duds: Swedish Meatballs (which we used for the subs mentioned in the super list, but the gravy on top of the first meal was YUCK!) and Meat & Three (crock pot meal that had a mistake listed in the ingredients). I think both of these could easily be changed to be better.

Now on to this week's menu... Tortellini & Sausage Soup, Slow Bake BBQ Chicken, Crunchy Chicken, Beef Macaroni Casserole (we'll substitute turkey), and Overnight Cinnamon French Toast (a do-ahead breakfast). Each meal has included alternating sides like steamed fresh broccoli, salad, and steamed fresh green beans (which are so much better than the canned junk).

If you are interested in any of the recipes, just let me know.

Yes, this post was started last week, I just now took the time to finish it...

*The title of this post is set to the beat of the title of a tv show from my childhood...Not hard to figure out!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the title of this blog! Sorry I led you astray, though! Oops!