Saturday, July 26, 2008

To Conduct or not to Conduct...

And I don't mean electricity...

A week has passed since my trip to Kansas City and I have neglected to do any blogging.

My trip was wonderful. I made some new friends, renewed an old friendship, learned a whole mess of useful stuff, some not-so-useful stuff, and ate at a few really good restaurants.

I'll spare you all of the details, but would like to share the conclusion of my journey. I went to KC wondering if I should continue my pursuit of conducting/band directing. It has been my prayer that God would show me very clearly if I'm doing the right thing. All week long, He showed me that this is definitely what I love to do and I should seek to do it with all of my heart.

We concluded the symposium with this question from the director -
"Why am I a conductor?"

Immediately, my pen began writing the following words with no question and no doubts:

I believe that God has given me a deep sense of musical appreciation. I live and breathe the music that I hear and perform. My passion is to convey my love of music to others in a way that allows them to know who I am. Music moves me in deeply profound ways. It is at the core of who I am and to not share it would be a great denial of who God made me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a wonderful trip. It sounds like you may already have your answer...on where the Lord is leading you, but if in doubt keep praying about it and it will become clearer to you. Follow your dream and bring glory to the Lord by using the special talents He has given to you.

Love You,
Valerie