Thursday, July 10, 2008

S...N...A...I...L...M...A...I...L..........................................

In case I wasn't exactly sure why people have all but stopped using written word as a means of communication, I now have no doubts at all...

I finally received mail from my dear husband this week. Three envelopes came on Monday after the holiday weekend. Those three envelopes contained letters that covered June 24th through 30th. It was great to read about Patrick's new adventures in the Army. I have been obsessed with checking the mail. I feel bad for wondering why he hasn't written. He has written, it just takes the US Postal Service FOREVER to deliver things. I guess that's the real reason they started selling those FOREVER stamps. Maybe that's the kind of forever they meant.

A fourth envelope came just today. It covered July 1st through 3rd. Okay, in case you didn't see the date for today's post, that is a full week behind. He mentioned that he's finally getting the bed making routine down. One day, he was the only one in his room that got it done. Everybody else got their beds tossed... I'm supposed to ask my brother-in-law what that means.

He sounds like he's having fun in some ways. He really loved rapelling down a fifty foot tower. He also enjoyed the nutrition class.

Well, after catching up with him through reading those notes, I feel much better. Little by little it's sinking in that he's in the Army. I'm extremely proud of him. We have no idea how long we'll be living the military life, but it is a huge adjustment.

And now to some not-so-happy news... I found out that our precious dog must have some teeth pulled. Several of our family members' dogs have had this done. I scheduled the surgery and pray that he'll do okay. The weirdest thing is that Patrick and I had a discussion right before he shipped about our sweet dog. I didn't want to have to make decisions on my own about the dog's medical needs if they were major. Basically, we agreed that if it was less than a certain amount of money, I should proceed. Now I am just debating over letting Patrick know. I don't want to worry him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey misty we sent patrick a card the other day, hopefully he will get it soon. and i'm sure that sebastian will be fine. keep us informed.
love
kim and larkin

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Loved your comment about "forever" stamps. I laughed out loud!
Glad to know he's finding moments of joy in the midst of the adjustment. Hoping the best for you both (and Sebastian)!