Sunday, November 18, 2007

Congrats to the Newly-Weds!


Patrick and I are home from a very full week of wedding events and preparation. You see, my sister and best friend, Melody, got married yesterday to a wonderful guy named Daniel. After months of preparing, the wedding was a wonderful ceremony. It was an amazing display of God's love for us and Melody and Danny's love for each other.

As the Matron of Honor, I did not do a good job of keeping Melody calm on her big day. In fact, I was the most nervous person there. Not only was I dressed more "girlie" than I ever have been, but I had to sing in front of a lot of people, most of whom I'm related to, but lots I didn't know. I was so stressed out.

The ceremony was beautiful and the minister did a great job. Then, we had a wonderful reception with a swing band providing the entertainment along with my crazy dancing on the dance floor! I just really felt like dancing, and so I just let go! I started to feel like everyone was watching me and not the bride and groom (I had the fear that I was show-boating and taking all the spotlight off of Melody). My mom assured me that was not the case!

Needless to say, we are all extremely exhausted from late nights of talking and early mornings of preparation. Hopefully, my mom will get a much deserved rest!

Melody is my best friend and I am so happy for her. She is the most deserving person I know. Daniel is very lucky to have her. Of course, my brother and I (and our spouses) will continue to make sure that he knows that!

Here's to you guys! We love you!

No comments: