Sunday, May 3, 2009

Here I go! Making a goal public...

Yikes! Not sure what I'm thinking by posting this. Maybe it will help me be accountable and really try harder! Maybe, someone will be praying for me because they read this.

Okay, here it is:

I have set a goal for myself to lose 60 pounds in what's left of 2009, and to meet the minimum standards for the Army Physical Fitness Test for my age and height. Don't read too much into the latter part of the goal. If I can actually attain it, I might consider auditioning for the Army band, however, my medical history will probably disqualify me. So, it's actually just a good personal goal for me. My deadline is New Year's Eve.

I'll post my progress periodically. I am actually excited about getting this body back into shape (although it's been so long, I'm not sure what that would actually look and feel like).

1 comment:

Parkerchica said...

I'm joining you in this fitness quest. I feel like I'm missing out on so much by dragging all these extra pounds with me. Yuck! I can't wait to see how you progress. I'll be checking your blog often...