Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Beautiful Season!

As a deer hunter and lover of the outdoors, I have always had a special place in my heart for Autumn. It always brings cooler weather, the peak of football season, and a total change in attitude. Thanksgiving and Christmas mean time with family and remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. During the late fall, I usually think of curling up on the couch with a good blanket and some hot chocolate. Of course, there's also nothing like fresh baked cookies in that scenario, too!

Living in Virginia, there's one other part of the season that is wonderful. Unlike Texas where there are mainly pine and mesquite trees, Virginia's countryside is filled with the most beautiful changing leaves. Even the most mundane trips in the car are turned into great views of the trees.







There are many more shots like these, but it would take all day to post them.

On another note, I have found a part-time job. I start tomorrow. Thanks to Sarah's father, I was hired by an insurance agent to be the office receptionist. It's just a few hours every day, but I'm ready to have a reason to get out of the house. This position is not in my field, but it is just temporary while I live here. After all, I need gas money for visiting Patrick.

No comments: