Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Know The Drill...

Open mouth, insert foot! Yep, that's pretty much been my default motto this summer. It is beginning to seem like I've been living on a diet of feet. Yep, it sounds gross, but I don't think I'm the only one who knows the taste.

Apparently, a steady diet of feet is not low-in-fat. I haven't seemed to lose any weight on it, in fact, I've gained. What I did manage to lose is my witness, a relative's respect, and a dear friendship. I know that there's not much I can do to erase the not-so-tasty meal I've been dishing out. However, there is a God who has forgiven my selfish yielding to my sin nature. I praise Him for sending His Spirit to guide me through the painful heartache of missed opportunity and selfish words.

I know that I'll always be in danger of resorting to the "insert foot" diet. It is absolutely mandatory that I pray for words before "opening my mouth." God, guide my words so that I only bring praise to you! Give me words that bless and not curse.

No comments: